JOB TITLE: Rehabilitation Counselor – Spanish Speaking
JOB LOCATION: Prince Georges County (main) Also serving surrounding counties
The delegated PRP Counselor will provide psychiatric rehabilitation services to assigned clients who speak spanish as identified in the client’s Individual Rehabilitation Plan (IRP). These services are to be documented clearly and completely in agency compliant contact note form.
The PRP Counselor will facilitate communication, referral, and collaborations on behalf of psychiatric rehabilitation program clients that promote recovery and coordination of care for minors and adults under COMAR 10.21.16. 10.21.17, 10.21.21 and 10.21.29.
Through the development of an individualized rehabilitation plan (IRP), the PRP Counselor is responsible for implementing the IRP and facilitating the movement of individuals served through service delivery systems to ensure continuity of outpatient psychiatric care.
- Provide case management services and consult with multidisciplinary behavioral health team in providing comprehensive psychiatric rehabilitation to include linking clients with internal/external services and providing advocacy
- Identify and/or facilitate recovery based groups on a monthly basis with a focus on developing skills for living with mental illness/behavioral health and providing advocacy and education to recovery based, strengths-focused meaningful living
- Work cooperatively with client’s therapist, psychiatrist, parent/guardian, and rehabilitation specialist/coordinator to develop a resilience and recovery focused individual rehabilitation plan (IRP)
- Participate in the evaluation of counseling methods for the effective treatment of psychiatric and substance abuse related problems
- Prepare agency compliant correspondence and reports as required
- Participate in community meetings as assigned and actively promote the PRP program growth
- Participate in a minimum of one (1) hour of direct supervision weekly with assigned Rehabilitation Specialist/Coordinator to report observations and reactions to clients and to review clients progress
- Other duties as assigned
Associate’s Degree (preferably with major course work in rehabilitation services, sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, anthropology, criminal justice, theology, nursing counseling or education) or Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (CPRP) certification or 40 hours of psychiatric rehabilitation training preferred (Documented experience providing services to applicable behavioral health population may be considered in lieu of degree)
- One year verifiable experience working with youth/adults diagnosed with mental illness
- Ability to pass child abuse, state police, and motor vehicle clearances
- Possession a valid drivers’ license and have daily access to a privately maintained vehicle
- Ability to assess, coordinate, schedule, and deliver supports to persons receiving services
- Knowledge of community resources and eligibility requirements, including insurance and entitlements
- Experience leading mental health support and education groups
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written language skills and communication
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to exercise the initiative and resourcefulness necessary for prioritizing multiple and ongoing cases
- Skill in communicating efficiently and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Computer skills in relevant office applications (i.e. Microsoft & Excel)
- Knowledge of medical, functional, and environmental implications of disability
- Speak and understand Spanish fluently
It is the continuing policy of Utopia Health Services to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. Utopia Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: (ALL APPLICATIONS ARE IN PDF FORMAT; IF YOU DONT HAVE THE LATEST ADOBE VIEWER/READER, DOWNLOAD HERE get.adobe.com/reader/
**NOTE: APPLICATIONS ARE MORE “USER FRIENDLY” IF DOWNLOADED BLANK, SAVED, AND THEN COMPLETED**
MAC users in order for form to fill and save correctly please ensure you are utilizing form in “Adobe Reader, Acrobat, or Professional & not “Preview”
FOR INTERNSHIP APPLICATION:
Interested candidates should complete the attached application: (please read submission instructions at top of application:
Unable to open PDF version? Microsoft word version available here: userfiles/1140010/file/UHS%20INTERN%20APPLICATIO.docx
FOR PRP COUNSELOR & ALL OTHER POSITIONS APPLICATION:
Interested candidates should complete and submit the attached application(please read submission instructions at top of application :
Unable to open PDF version? Microsoft word version available here: userfiles/1140010/file/UHS%20EMPLOYEMENT%20APPLICATION.docx
UHS FINGERPRINTING AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be contacted via telephone for an initial interview. Please note that all positions require individuals to submit to a state and federal criminal background screening prior to start of employment. Please be sure to provide the Agency Authorization Number (1000005016) to the office that will be conducting the check.